Freelance Qualitative Consultant
Rare: is looking for an experienced, confident and adaptable qualitative researcher.
Rare: is an audience insights consultancy. Rare: was created from a desire to ask the right questions and bring strategy to life. We do it by generating insights about your audience's needs, transforming your internal capabilities, and helping you deliver on your customer promise.
We are not an agency. We build long lasting relationships with clients, ensuring that they are ready to deliver on their customer promise. As well as setting the roadmap we help businesses transform from the inside out, helping them to achieve their goals.
We provide clarity and context. From brand research, customer research, audience segmentation, advertising effectiveness and beyond... we use the perfect blend of qualitative and quantitative research techniques to provide clients with clarity to their everyday marketing problems.
We don’t just write a research report and walk away. We help clients develop effective marketing strategies to ensure customer first-success. We start by understanding the underlying motivations of what customer want, and help clients get ready to deliver on this promise, by helping them transform from the inside.
About the team
We are looking for a qualitative consultant to join our small team of researchers, marketing strategists and consultants. At Rare: we work with a network of partners and freelancers so that we can accommodate the variety and ranging scale of projects by pulling in additional specialised resource when needed. We will be looking for a qualitative research to work on a number of different projects, as part of our team. The project teams will consist of an assistant researcher and consultant.
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned market researcher, to join our team on a project basis. They will ideally be someone who thinks outside the box in terms of flexible and innovative research techniques and can adapt to new briefs and clients quickly. They will have extensive experience of running qualitative projects, and particularly in moderation and interview techniques. They should be able to glean practical insight from their research and be confident and pro-active in presenting back to clients their own interpretations and recommendations. They will be able to run all tasks of the project autonomously, but will also be a strong communicator who can work closely with the team of consultants at Rare to develop the relationship with clients and provide ongoing customer insight and marketing strategy.
Rare: works with clients of all sizes across all industries - from startups, to agencies, to large FMCG brands, B2B automotive and cosmetics...to name a few. They will need to be comfortable adapting to different research topics and industries.
Rare: also publishes its own research - so initiative in thinking of consumer-related topics of interest and the ability to write a compelling report / article about it, is welcomed.
- Lead project teams being the primary point of contact for clients and holding responsibility for project strategy, deliverables and quality and profitability
- Contribute to business development through proactively identifying new opportunities, attending new client meetings, leading on proposal writing and pitching to clients
- Contribute to sales and marketing through writing marketing content (blog posts, white papers, articles for industry publications), writing presentations for client or public events.
- You love the challenge of solving problems,
- You are excited by challenges
- You are an excellent communicator
- You enjoy working collaboratively with our core team, clients and partners
- You’re great with clients, working closely to truly understand their needs
- You are curious
- You want to share your knowledge and enthusiasm with others by writing, blogging and speaking about what you do.
You will know about
- Designing research approaches
- Interviewing techniques and moderation
- Data processing and analysis
If you are interested in working with us, please get in touch at: email@example.com
Recruiting agencies, please abstain.